Saturday, October 8, 2011

NEWS// Rostam: Wood MP3


When I first caught sight of this track, I immediately noticed the name Rostam Batmanglij. Pianist, lyricist and all round multi-instrumentalist, well known for his work with Vampire Weekend and the lesser-known 'Discovery', I was itching to get some headphones on and have a listen. As it turns out, 'Wood' is all I was expecting and more. An eruption of exotic synths and a flurry of feathered beats coax forth a manic, unprecedented grin. Bells and tinkling and higher key builds, all matched with tribal drums, carry the joy like waves. Delicate and dreamy vocals seem to send themselves to sleep, taking you on a journey of blissful discovery. The ending for me is the very best however, full of huge harmonies that stand and sing, solely for you. If you need cheering up, there's no better song than this!