Tuesday, January 10, 2012

VIDEO// Moullinex feat Peaches: Maniac


Michael Sembello is most famous for his appearance on the 'Flashdance' soundtrack, with a number that has become one of the highest-grossing songs to ever appear on film! Now a recognisable classic, it was only a matter of time before a cover cropped up that I loved! Moullinex utilised the vocal talents of Peaches to throw down this version of 'Maniac', and I have no intention of picking up that particular gauntlet. The most definitely NSFW video is just brilliant, and while the repetition of the last half never appealed to me, the dancer has my attention hooked from the off. An outfit change and some drugged-out lighting close a wonderful video and indeed, a wonderful cover of Michael Sembello's 1983 masterpiece! I absolutely dig this interpretation, so have a stream up above and mind out for captivation. Moullinex has an album full of covers dropping later this very month, so watch out for that!