Friday, September 9, 2011

NEWS// The Dirty Lungs: Don't Fucking Remind Me MP3


1960s garage rock is the way to go for Alabama quartet The Dirty Lungs. 'Don't Fucking Remind Me' is their latest two-track single, the second song of which I've covered below. I was actually sent this last night, and unsurprisingly, it was a very pleasant few minutes. The vocals on both numbers have this awesome sense of space about them. What I like the call location vocals, you can visually see them playing because the sound bounces of the walls of the studio or whatnot. I always enjoy that, so it wasn't the greatest of surprises that I like the songs. This track is lathered in psychedelia, which glimmers under a thin, fluctuating layer of reverb. The structure and lyrics aren't the best, but I don't reckon The Dirty Lungs are bothered. They just want to record some memorable rock tunes for the wild-at-heart, and I think they've succeeded. If you want a good time, come right aboard!


'Serial Suicide' is the B side to this single, if we're taking 'Don't Fucking Remind Me' as A. It's immediately louder after a subtle bone-rattling at the very start. Close to two minutes, the track seems over a little quick, but the really nice layered build half way through makes up for it, as well as the playful scream we're treated to. I think I like ' Don't Fucking Remind Me' a little more, but 'Serial Suicide' is a more that worthy companion. Stream both numbers above, then visit The Dirty Lungs over at the Bandcamp to hear lots more.