Tuesday, August 2, 2011

UPDATE: Segments

     Since the blog had a make-over of sorts, I haven't really talked about it properly, which I hope to do now. Firstly, I've shortened the strangely huge comments section, which is now a lot smaller and easier to navigate. Upon deliberation, I've also revealed the Blogger navbar, which you can see at the very top of the site. This means that if you're signed into your Google account, you can follow the blog! As well as that route, you can also follow Music Dissection on Twitter, like the page on Facebook, and subscribe to the rss feeds. All these are aimed to make keeping up with the site a lot easier for you lot. Instead of posting Youtube videos when I want you to hear a track, I've also incorporated a slick flash player, which will be present on most posts. Finally, I've decided to create a post template for each of the three segments, for continuities sake more than anything else!

     REVIEW//  (This will have album art to your left)
     NEWS//  (Wide image or album art to your left)
     WEEKLY CLASSIC// (Wide image at top of page)

     I hope to keep the titles as above too (e.g. REVIEW// Foo Fighters: ...), just to make it easier for people to find the blog while browsing Google or other web browsers. I hope this short post has cleared some things up if you've been confused over layout changes and such. As always, I'll keep you updated on changes if and when they occur. Thanks!