Sunday, February 5, 2012

VIDEO// Exlovers: Starlight Starlight


I posted this outstanding track back in November, and I thought I summed it up pretty well! Read my quoted review below and keep an eye out for Exlovers forthcoming album 'Moth'! The video is a compilation of nostalgic clips sewn together with heart and an innate sense of love and passion and perhaps more profoundly, a tear-inducing feeling of sadness and loss. The realisation that times when you felt truly happy might someday fall from memory!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Exlovers. A London-based quintet. Four guys, one gal and just some seriously blissed out bedroom pop, lathered in shoegaze sensibilities, sweeping symphonies and humbling lo-fi charm. I was emailed 'Starlight Starlight' by two separate people, and I wasn't dissapointed with what I found! The first track from their debut album, it's currently being given away for absolutely nothing at all, so it's a delightfully easy reccomendation for me to make. Kicking off with some furiously summery drums, riddled with mellow vibes and bathing in that pool of satisfaction we all wish to find, Exlover's singing slowly emerges. The combination of the male and female vocals is a technique not unknown to the indie-pop outfit, but it seems on 'Starlight Starlight' that such harmonies has been perfected and an edge refined. Original.